Other Wilson writings HERE
The people you pick on in high school and wind up working for as an adult (Urban Dictionary)
Simple Definition of geek
- a person who is socially awkward and unpopular : a usually intelligent person who does not fit in with other people
- a person who is very interested in and knows a lot about a particular field or activity(Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
The modern definition of Geek
(Noun) A person that is very interested in something with a tendency to be technology minded.
(Verb) To be very excited about something. (Wilson)
One whose IQ exceeds his weight. (Urban Dictionary)
Simple Definition of nerd
- A person who behaves awkwardly around other people and usually has unstylish clothes, hair, etc.
- A person who is very interested in technical subjects, computers, etc. (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
The modern definition of Nerd
A person that just doesn’t fit in with social norms. Sometimes the person is not aware they don’t fit it with social norms. (Wilson)
A term invoked by people who feel pride in accomplishments of others. (Urban Dictionary)
- A justification for all kinds of human rights violation.
- An outcome of evolutionary beneficial group thinking, and thus a racist generalization.
- Also used in conjunction with ‘history’ for more pride and group thinking.
Simple Definition of culture
The beliefs, customs, arts, etc., of a particular society, group, place, or time
- A particular society that has its own beliefs, ways of life, art, etc.
- A way of thinking, behaving, or working that exists in a place or organization (such as a business) (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
The modern definition of Culture
Webster pretty much hit it.
I would add in that due to tech the lines of culture are somehow more blurred and more defined.(Wilson)
Resources: (links will open in a new tab)